PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 200 and Savage

Brenden
05-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Good evening all. For about 3 or so years now, I've built guns off mauser actions. Don't get me wrong, I like them very well and enjoy the time spent working on them. But, I'm starting to really like Savage;especially how they shoot. I bought a stevens 200 in 223 and I love it. For a cheap gun, its quite the shooter as you know.

For the question: I've heard some say that there is no difference between the stevens 200 long action and actions like the savage 110. I've heard that diameters have changed, threading on barrels, everything.

All I want to know is if these Stevens actions will accept the same barrels, stocks, triggers, etc.

I'm going to throw together a switch barrel for a 6.5-06, 280 AI, and a 35 Whelen.
Thank you for your time.

Brenden

fatdaddy
05-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Stevens long and short actions take the same barrel as Savage, small shank, long or short actions. Savage target and LRPV are large shanks. Model 10,11,12...110, ect are small shanks. After market Savage triggers will fit the Stevens, stocks will interchange if the action bolt spacing is the same. Bill

82boy
05-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the site.
Please Look in the FAQs section.
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,10750.0.html
Or try the search feature.

Brenden
05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Thank you all. Very interesting and informative site you all have. Hopefully, I will have some pictures to share with you all soon. Thanks again.

Brenden