PDA

View Full Version : Email from Trop Gun Shop- Glock Blue label program.

BillPa
04-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Trop Gun shop's response to Glock's demand for custom info....

Trop Gun Shop regrets to inform our customers that we will no longer be participating in the Glock Blue Label program. Effective immediately, Glock terminated us from the program for refusing to furnish access to our customers’ private information for the purposes of auditing by Glock employees. While it is regrettable that we will no longer be able to offer the benefits of the Blue Label program here at Trop, we absolutely refuse to compromise the sensitive information of our customers by furnishing it to anyone without proper authority through standard legal practices.

To participate in the Glock Blue Label program a dealer must allow Glock access to audit “qualifying credentials” of its Blue Label customers. Typically these credentials are a form of identification verifying the individual is a member of one of the groups listed in the Blue Label program.

Recently a representative of Glock entered our establishment and demanded access to view our records related to all Blue Label sales, specifically our ATF Form 4473s, which contain very detailed, personal and identifying information of our customers. We refused the Glock representative access to this information.

During repeated correspondence Glock continued to demand access to the 4473s or we would be terminated from the Blue Label program. We attempted to reconcile the situation while maintaining our customers’ privacy and made every effort to comply with reasonable requests to audit the Blue Label sales to maintain the integrity of the program. However, Glock insisted that access to the 4473s and only access to the 4473s would be a sufficient level of compliance.

Our position was, and continues to be, that we will not surrender to Glock our Form 4473s and our customers’ identifying information under any circumstance. It is an untenable breach of our customers’ privacy and Trop Gun Shop will not submit to this unreasonable demand. As a result of our position, Glock immediately terminated our status as an authorized participant of the Blue Label program. Furthermore, Glock advised us that if we ever applied in the future, that request would be denied. While we are displeased that we can no longer support our qualifying customers through the Blue Label program, Trop Gun Shop remains committed to the security and privacy of all of our customers, and continues to offer its Law Enforcement / Military discount to those who qualify.

Regards,
Trop Gun Shop

Balljoint
04-23-2015, 09:01 PM
Just a question are you sure the person requesting the 4473 info was from Glock and not actually from the ATF ???

BillPa
04-23-2015, 09:37 PM
Just a question are you sure the person requesting the 4473 info was from Glock and not actually from the ATF ???

Nope, it was a big feel'n nobody who had as much authority "demanding" to see the customer records as my dog.
As the email stated. "a representative of Glock entered our establishment and demanded access to view our records"

Hotolds442
04-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Good on them for denying access to their records!

sharpshooter
04-23-2015, 10:52 PM
What's the "blue label" program?

BillPa
04-23-2015, 11:53 PM
What's the "blue label" program?

This explains it ..http://www.duncangun.com/Blue-Label-Glock-Program.html I would assume the firearms are sold at a discount by the dealer and or receive reimbursement.

There are many other ways to confirm one's eligibility than nose'n through personal info on 4473s, a notarized letter confirming one's eligibility for instance.

Bill

geargrinder
04-24-2015, 12:07 AM
I'm a member of Glock Shooting Sports Foundation. I get to purchase one Blue Label Glock per year. It is a substantial discount. At least $100 cheaper than non Blue Label. Blue labels also get a third magazine included.

The instructions for the dealer is to staple my proof of Blue Label qualifiation to the 4473. I'm sure Glock just wanted to verify that the dealer was in fact selling these deeply discounted pistols to only those who qualify for the program.

Glock is very heavy-handed with the program and it is very exclusive. There are only two Blue Label dealers in Nevada and they are separated by about 500 miles.

6mmBR_Shooter
05-11-2015, 10:46 AM
The instructions for the dealer is to staple my proof of Blue Label qualifiation to the 4473. I'm sure Glock just wanted to verify that the dealer was in fact selling these deeply discounted pistols to only those who qualify for the program.

That's exactly why OMB guns is not longer a Glock dealer. They got into some big trouble for doing exactly that.