PDA

View Full Version : Help problems with Model 12LRP

Big A972
04-23-2015, 09:35 AM
I have a model 12LRP in 6.5 creedmoor. I got new and have about 260 rounds down the pipe. Shoots great when it shoots. The problem is some time not all the time the trigger will get locked up the accu part of the trigger does not move i have to lift the bolt handle to reset it (some times I have to lift the handle a few time to get it going). Also there has been a few times that all you get is a click but no fire, after pulling the round out there is no marks form the firing pin?

This gun has the target trigger.

What gives what to look for?

There is some grease on the trigger when I pulled the stock off that I will clean up (was on the range when I saw this) but nothing seems to bind up.

Fotheringill
04-23-2015, 10:34 AM
For the first part of your question. My experience with the target trigger is that if it is not pulled back straight center, it will not fire and bolt needs to be opened and then locked to reset.

When you torque the action screws, are you doing it with the rifle on its side and flat on a table or held muzzle up? Try it muzzle up and it may solve the other problem.

pitsnipe
04-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Big,

You have the first step, clean the trigger with lighter fluid. It will cut the grease/oil and leave nothing behind (which is what you want.) From there, if the sear keeps tripping (making sure that you are pulling STRAIGHT back on the trigger as a slight side pressure can trip it as well) you will need to tighten the adjustment of the accutrigger. Use 1/4 turn increments until you can run the bolt to battery. And the sear doesn't trip.

Snipe

rjtfroggy
04-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Trigger is just a little lite increase the pull a little ,Test IT, then put a drop of nail polish on it so it doesn't back out. Then go shoot and enjoy.
Remember a accu-trigger has to be pulled straight back or the safety will trip, that is it's purpose-design, nothing wrong with it.

Newsshooter
04-23-2015, 12:39 PM
What everyone else said, if the trigger is set really light it will trip if you cycle the bolt to hard. Do it gently and it probably won't trip. I have one set really light and a second rifle that is set heavier as I have to cycle the bolt quickly during tactical matches. It is still fairly light but won't drip the sear when cycling the bolt fast.

Big A972
04-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the tips I will try them out.