PDA

View Full Version : Model 16 for a Donor Action?

ScottB
04-22-2015, 11:57 PM
I am looking for a donor action, and I found a "like new" mdl 16 in .243 at a local shop for $350. My plan is to build a 6mm BR for a long range varmint gun. My question is simple: is this a good action for my planned build, and is it a reasonable price?

Thanks!

Jamie
04-23-2015, 12:41 AM
It would seem to be a very good price for a stainless steel rifle in good condition. It is the same as all the other non target action models and should work very well for a 6 BR build.

ScottB
04-24-2015, 11:16 AM
It would seem to be a very good price for a stainless steel rifle in good condition. It is the same as all the other non target action models and should work very well for a 6 BR build.

Thanks, Jamie.

I plan on this rifle being a single shot. Does that limit my options for a stock?

Jamie
04-24-2015, 02:50 PM
No not at all. All you would need is a single shot follower to give the round something to rest on before entering the chamber. Quite common and inexpensive.

ScottB
04-24-2015, 04:32 PM
No not at all. All you would need is a single shot follower to give the round something to rest on before entering the chamber. Quite common and inexpensive.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.