PDA

View Full Version : Ken Farrell rail?

sixonetonoffun
04-22-2015, 10:16 AM
On the Ken Farrell site the 0 moa flatback rail is offered in a low profile. Can anyone offer an opinion on standard vs. low profile?

Seems to me the standard may work best with a blind mag. Which is my setup.

How would it compare to the egw I use now which leaves plenty of space to load but raises optics considerably. Really too high but lower rings can compansate for this.

Would the Burris tactical 2pc extended be a better choice with the blind magwell? I don't see it giving much more space, but a slight gain.

WinnieTheBoom
04-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Can't comment on the standard vs. low pro bases but I will say this: if you're going to go with one of his bases, I would go with his rings as well... the bases are machined to be a little bit higher than others (for better case ejection) while his rings are machined a little bit lower than others to compensate for the difference in height.

I have a standard 20 MOA base on my 110 FCP with low height rings and there's not much clearance between the top of my barrel and bottom of my shade (50mm). Barrel is at the smith getting threaded right now, otherwise I would take some pictures for you.

sixonetonoffun
04-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion of rings makes sense and is something I hadn't thought of.