PDA

View Full Version : ejecting problems

oops!
05-17-2010, 03:27 PM
My Savage 10 FCP-k in .308 is having way to many ejecting problems. The bolt brings the cartridge out of the chamber and just before it drops it out the side the claw seems to lose it's grip. would the SSS ppc extractor fit my needs? I really had problems at the local match having to drop my mag twice to remove the case. Also I need a higher cap mag. How is the SSS

Uncle Jack
05-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I know nothing about the extractor, but I do have three of the SSS .308 extended mags....they are very well made and so far have worked flawlessly.

uj

oops!
05-17-2010, 05:17 PM
thanks... I tried to call them today but they didn't answer. I really got to do something about the extracting/ejecting issue or this rifle will be out the door soon... It's a shame because I shoot it well

trappst
05-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Try replacing the extractor first......they can wear out and vary in size.

SSS can be hard to get a hold of at times. If you get a busy signal/no answer just keep trying.

SSS should have all the parts you'll need to get that rifle running as it should.

Uncle Jack
05-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Unless you have the patience of Golden Retriever, forget trying to call them. Send them an email with your needs and Lisa will usually get back to you within a day.

uj

slipp
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
If you call SSS get Lisa to send you a few oversized ball bearings for the new extractor and a new ejector spring I had the same problem with my 22/250 same bolt face the problem is almost solved still happens once in a while slipp

Snakum
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Unless you have the patience of Golden Retriever, forget trying to call them.

LOL. You ain't kidding. :D

oops!
05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
thanks everyone.. I sent them a email a few days ago but no response. I'll call them tomorrow

rjtfroggy
05-17-2010, 07:00 PM
OOPS Midway also sells them along with the springs and ball bearings.I am sure you could also call the factory CS at 1 800 370-0708 have the serial number, model number and credit card they will send out with in a few days.

82boy
05-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the site.

The PPC extractor is not what you need, and Midway doesn't have the fix either.

If you use the FAQs section you will find the answer to your question. This is a common problem.

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,23731.0.html

A second option is the search feature.

dcloco
05-18-2010, 12:48 AM
My Savage 10 FCP-k in .308 is having way to many ejecting problems. The bolt brings the cartridge out of the chamber and just before it drops it out the side the claw seems to lose it's grip. would the SSS ppc extractor fit my needs? I really had problems at the local match having to drop my mag twice to remove the case. Also I need a higher cap mag. How is the SSS

Question first - have you popped any primers or have any extremely flattened primers while shooting? Do you handload????

Remove the pin that retains the ejector and spring ...yes...you might lose one or the other, so put the bolthead in a bag while you drift the pin out with the correct size of punch. Remove the spring with a toothpick...stretch the spring a little....re-install....and continue to order a new spring.

Low tension on the ejector spring is probably the issue. You might have some dirt/grit/grime under the extractor - remove and clean as well.