PDA

View Full Version : Hog Hunter .308

Lorenzo
04-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Will it accept 10 round box mags? I want a 110 fcp sr but theyres a hog hunter on sale for 475$ at another store the only thing keeping me from it is on Savage's sight it says it has a internal mag. I am planning on putting it in a chassis style stock so maybe then it would be able to?

clintsrv
04-17-2015, 03:59 PM
The Hog Hunter if a CF 4.4 Top release action. If you take the barreled action you can drop it into any stock you want. That's what will decide your mag type and capacity.

If you choose a chassis to build with you will use AI style mags. 5 and 10 rounders are what's available.

If you choose a factory stock inlet for factory bottom metal then you use factory mags which are 5 rounders. You can opt for aftermarket 10 rd mags designed to work with factory DBM bottom metal.

CDI and Accurate mag offer DBM set ups that usually will drop into factory inlet with little or no work needed. Usally the hardest part is finding or making action screws that fit in length.
They use AI style mags.

The HH is a great rifle. In the right stock or chassis an excellent rifle. If your plans are to install in a chassis you'll use AI style mags and have a very nice set up.

Lorenzo
04-17-2015, 11:17 PM
Yea I'm gonna go with a MDT LSS or Tac21. So I can use the AI 10 rounders, sweet.