PDA

View Full Version : Imr-4451

benchrest
04-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Just curious if anyone has done any testing with this new powder ? Besides me :o. Looking for any in-put with 140gr berger's & 260 remmy.

darkker
04-16-2015, 09:26 PM
MZ5 has done some work with it in the Creed & 308.
What are you after?
John Barsnes has also burned many pounds.

benchrest
04-16-2015, 10:59 PM
Trying to find a substitute for H-4350 reloading in 260remmy with 140gr hybrids. I actually just came back from range, ended up working up to 42.5gr's with no pressure's sign's. Velocity was only 2700 fps on avg. Ran out of day light, so will head back out this weekend.. Just was putting it out there to see if any of you guy's had played with it yet.

Thanks in advance for any feed back..
Cheer's

darkker
04-17-2015, 02:16 AM
Well, here are some thoughts for you then.
If you ate simply after a substitute, there are many choices.
If you are chasing the temp insensitivity bit, don't lose sleep over it. That is NOT a universal property, only under specific conditions. And despite the non-sense that gets spewed online, newer ball powders are every bit as temp stable (more in some cases) than extruded.

After doing work with a Pressure Trace over Christmas I gotta tell you, DON'T read brass or primers as any sort of pressure indication. If you are running higher velocities than data says, it's because your pressures are higher.
In my Creedmoor I like H414/Win760, and REALLY like Superformance; that progressive powder burn curve is cool.

GaCop
04-17-2015, 04:57 AM
Well, here are some thoughts for you then.
If you ate simply after a substitute, there are many choices.
If you are chasing the temp insensitivity bit, don't lose sleep over it. That is NOT a universal property, only under specific conditions. And despite the non-sense that gets spewed online, newer ball powders are every bit as temp stable (more in some cases) than extruded.

After doing work with a Pressure Trace over Christmas I gotta tell you, DON'T read brass or primers as any sort of pressure indication. If you are running higher velocities than data says, it's because your pressures are higher.
In my Creedmoor I like H414/Win760, and REALLY like Superformance; that progressive powder burn curve is cool. Good information, thanks.

missed
04-17-2015, 06:29 AM
I have two #8 of it and just have not gotten to it. I am planning on trying it in my fast twist 22-250 and the 6x47 when I get around to building it.