PDA

View Full Version : Accustock filler a joke...

Pages : 1 [2]

CaptREDD
05-20-2015, 03:45 PM
In a 110 stock that was on an old 30-06, one of the black "tupperware" plastic stocks...I stored almost 2 pounds of pinto beans inna plastic bag...and in a small zip-lok
some water purification tablets...never needed the emergency food...but sure helped the recoil...

REDD

BarrelNuts
05-20-2015, 07:21 PM
I have a model 111 Trophy Hunter XP also. (Does not have the accu-stock, but does have the accu-trigger.)
It has a big squashy recoil pad - note the two small holes in the recoil pad.
Force a phillips screwdriver in and you will feel the head of the screws. Just remove both and the pad will come off.

Yes, I removed the pad and saw the foam block - I was thinking about filling the cavity in with expanding foam.

also wondering has anyone tried to shorten this stock?
thanks
Charlie

Thanks for the information on how to get the recoil pad off. Pulled mine and sure enough, looks like someone took a chunk out of a cooler and stuffed in there. Filled mine with some expanding foam and a little lead shot; basically poured a little bit in as I added foam, about 3/4lbs. Its not perfectly evenly distributed but it feels pretty well balanced and has more of a solid sound to it now. Funny that I actually had another stock (M10) that I pulled the squishy pad off of and put on my 111 in .25-06; the pad that was on it was rather firm-ish and about 3/8 to 1/2 inch shorter. Figured I'd give it a try since the mod. 10 stock was a left over from a donor rifle... feels better to me than the firmer one from a LOP standpoint.