PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 11 worst piece of crap ever!

Djandym
04-08-2015, 09:30 AM
I bought a savage model 11 in 300 wsm and it had the worst machined chamber that I have ever seen! Looked like they used a chain saw to machine it! Sent it back to savage and they "Honed" it and it tested fine. I've fired a box through it and the first 3 rounds were fine. After that they started to be hard to extract again. Every piece of brass coming out has rings on it where the brass is expanding into the marks in the chamber and getting tight! Now I have to send it back again for the same issue........ Anyone else had any similar experience?

Djandym
04-08-2015, 09:33 AM
http://www.savageshooters.com/webkit-fake-url://cf8d9e8b-1a3e-44ab-ade0-ab2ba7ef45d0/imagejpeg

Mach2
04-08-2015, 07:14 PM
I have sent guns back twice too.(S&W) It happens so be patient. If you shoot short mags then I'm sure you have other guns to play with until it comes back fixed.

Make sure you yourself attach a tag saying it is 2nd time back.

Palmetto-Pride
04-08-2015, 07:33 PM
I don't blame you for being pissed there is no excuse for a rifle leaving the factory like that. That is poor QC plain and simple there should be one person on each shift that is there job before that rifle goes into the box to make sure that none leave the factory like that.

Djandym
04-08-2015, 08:50 PM
I have sent guns back twice too.(S&W) It happens so be patient. If you shoot short mags then I'm sure you have other guns to play with until it comes back fixed.

Make sure you yourself attach a tag saying it is 2nd time back.

Yes I have quite a few other guns. This was purchased to give to my father as a gift. I love wanted to sight it in and have it ready to go for him. I'm glad I tested it out to begin with because id be much more upset if I had given it to him and he had to deal with all of this. I can kind of understand it leaving the factory the first time. But to have them "fix it" and send it back marginally better is unacceptable. I had to hammer on the bolt handle with my fist to extract rounds. They shoulda put a new barrel on it the first time it went back to them to fix it. I sent a letter with it and included a picture of brass fired from that gun and brass fired from my 300wsm and it clearly shows the rings where the brass expanded into the grooves still in the chamber making it so hard to extract. Then you can see the perfect looking brass out of my Remington 700.

Djandym
04-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Sorry for the grammar screw ups. Auto correct sucks on the iPhone anymore. :-/

Mach2
04-09-2015, 02:08 AM
Yes I have quite a few other guns. This was purchased to give to my father as a gift. I love wanted to sight it in and have it ready to go for him. I'm glad I tested it out to begin with because id be much more upset if I had given it to him and he had to deal with all of this. I can kind of understand it leaving the factory the first time. But to have them "fix it" and send it back marginally better is unacceptable. I had to hammer on the bolt handle with my fist to extract rounds. They shoulda put a new barrel on it the first time it went back to them to fix it. I sent a letter with it and included a picture of brass fired from that gun and brass fired from my 300wsm and it clearly shows the rings where the brass expanded into the grooves still in the chamber making it so hard to extract. Then you can see the perfect looking brass out of my Remington 700.

Keep your attached description very very short. They wont bother reading a paragraph. Just pray they read a single phrase. CHAMBER IS F%%KED.

minnesotamulisha
04-09-2015, 06:52 AM
I am having similar issues. During range time, some rounds would get stuck in the chamber, and some wouldn't. It was completely random. It didn't matter if it was a low charge or a high charge or in between. Cases would stick and I would have to pound on the bolt handle with my fist in order to remove the rounds from the chamber. I have a Model 12 F T/R in 308 and it has been a real PITA lately.

Djandym
04-09-2015, 08:00 AM
Keep your attached description very very short. They wont bother reading a paragraph. Just pray they read a single phrase. CHAMBER IS F%%KED.
Lol don't worry I know. I kept it short and sweet. In bold it said please fix it right this time and rebarrel it.

Djandym
04-09-2015, 08:01 AM
I am having similar issues. During range time, some rounds would get stuck in the chamber, and some wouldn't. It was completely random. It didn't matter if it was a low charge or a high charge or in between. Cases would stick and I would have to pound on the bolt handle with my fist in order to remove the rounds from the chamber. I have a Model 12 F T/R in 308 and it has been a real PITA lately.
Yeah that sounds similar. Are you getting marks on the brass?

BillPa
04-09-2015, 08:11 AM
I am having similar issues. During range time, some rounds would get stuck in the chamber, and some wouldn't. It was completely random. It didn't matter if it was a low charge or a high charge or in between. Cases would stick and I would have to pound on the bolt handle with my fist in order to remove the rounds from the chamber.

That sounds like a primary extraction issue. If the bolt can be unlocked with normal effort but can't be pulled rearward to eject a case its a PE issue. If the PE timing is late and or on the border line of not enough variations in the brass extractor groove will result why some cases stick(sic) while others extract.

Here Jim explains PE. http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?280-Primary-Extraction-What-is-it

Bill

Djandym
04-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Bill you could be right for sure on minnesotas gun.

Djandym
04-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Well ups picked up the rifle Thursday once again to see if savage can fix it right this time.

JW
04-13-2015, 06:58 PM
They will
Sorry you are having the trouble with this one
Jack

minnesotamulisha
07-29-2015, 09:28 AM
It was a primary extraction failure. I drilled and tapped for the two set screws and I haven't had a problem since. Thanks for the help!