PDA

View Full Version : B & C screw ?

Kill N Grill
04-07-2015, 10:36 PM
It has been a while since I have posted here. I been busy with all the things of life and trying to get some shooting in when I am not hunting, working or those things that always seem to need attention.
Any way I just received my B&C A5 stock. The front action screw length is a mystery. It seems to be somewhere in between the length of the fron and the back screws. One is too long the other too short. anyone know the correct length? I will go to hardware store tomorrow and pick up a few plus a washer or two. I figured I would throw out the question for future if someone else needs to know.
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t460/darnyankee1/2015-04-07-21-08-57.jpeg (http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/darnyankee1/media/2015-04-07-21-08-57.jpeg.html)

Dennis
04-08-2015, 04:40 AM
I have been forced to make my own bolts many times, FYI. Not to hard to do.

thomae
04-10-2015, 10:15 AM
I can't answer your question as I don't have that stock.
I purchased a few action screws that were way long. When I need one, I can cut/grind to length.
If you don't have power tools, a hacksaw and a file work just fine and actually don't take that long to use.

barrel-nut
04-10-2015, 12:30 PM
To make the job easier, be sure to thread a nut onto the bolt past (closer to the head of the bolt) where you will cut. Then after you cut the bolt and clean up the cut with a file or high speed wire brush in a dremel tool, you just back the nut back off the bolt and it will clean up and realign any lightly damaged threads on the end of the bolt. Works great. Also, I like a Dremel tool or a cheap Dremel knock-off tool like you can get at Walmart for under $20, with the thin high speed cutoff disc attachment. It makes a very clean and precise cut if you have a steady hand.

ETA: nice rifle you got there too. I really like that stock, but just haven't yet convinced myself to spend the $$ on one.

GaCop
04-11-2015, 07:19 AM
ACE Hardware is a good source for the 1/4X28 action screws. True Value Hardware was another source until the only one we had in town closed last year.