PDA

View Full Version : Short action??

Nor Cal Mikie
05-15-2010, 05:53 PM
I picked up 2 Model 12 " single shot short actions from Northland. I ordered 2 Leupold one piece scope mounts from Midway. (I prefer the one piece base for the windage adjustment)
Problem is, the cut out in the base is smaller than the chamber opening and the rear only covers one hole. The actions are listed as a "short action"? (round back and Accu Trigger) If I had to I could go with the 2 piece base but I would rather stay with the one piece.
Anybody ever run into this situation with the Leupold bases?

Quickshot
05-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Thats the way mine is. Works just fine have had no problems. Quick

Nor Cal Mikie
05-15-2010, 06:53 PM
I just ordered a 1 piece (Leupold) base for the 116. I'll see if it fits any better. ;)

rjtfroggy
05-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Nor cal Leupold and I believe Burris both make 2 piece bases with windage adjustments. Leupold also make the rear one reversible for scope length adjustment.IMO the 2piece are just as strong as the 1piece.

Nor Cal Mikie
05-15-2010, 07:08 PM
I just put a 2 piece base set (Burris) on my Striker (type) build. It fits and looks good. I guess I'am just "fussy" about the looks. (Might be more old age than anything) ;D
It has to look "cool" and work good too. ;)
I've got this thing with Midway. I send them the $$ and they send me stuff that "I think" looks cool!