PDA

View Full Version : 10FCP-SR problem

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

benellibill
03-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, Im so sorry to hear everyones tales of woe but am happy to hear that the received replacements are working out well. Would anyone like to share their serial numbers? I bought mine about a week ago and its supposed to arrive today and I hope its a good one. My serial number is J978371. If it turns out to be a lemon and I have to endure the waits and run-arounds that some of you have so patiently dealt with I will blow a gasket, I have, often to my own detriment, a very short fuse.
Does anyone plan to go replacing parts or leave well enough alone?

greyghost
03-23-2016, 04:17 PM
I hope it all works out, My 10 fcp-sr shoot fantastic, just bought a model 11 predator hunter in 243 just accu trigger no accu stock after break in and sight in at 100 yds the next 3 shots were touching in a clover leaf fashion, I'm kinda glad Remington screwed p otherwise I would never know about Savages out of the box accuracy, I had heard that but when my First 2 savages shoot this good its an eye opener for sure. I'm convinced

CD82
03-27-2016, 06:15 PM
darn all this kind of scares me I just bought a 10fcp-sr from budsgunshop.. I hope I don't have all the issues and have to send mine back to savage

miscverb
03-27-2016, 09:03 PM
my fcp sr 24 inch barrel in 308 is the most accurate gun i own. have several of them, and a few remingtons. overall out of the box the beat the socks of the remy. to get the remy to shoot as well had to put jewel triggers in and tune it w/muzzle break. best remy compared to the fcp sr is the 700 5r in 24 inch.

MrMatty
03-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Well I received my 10FCP-SR today and was pretty excited till I open the box and found that the gun I received was a lefty and not a right! I'm am a super unhappy customer at this point and can't believe this! I've been waiting since 1/13/16 and now received the wrong gun and am told that when I ship it back it could take some time to ship another one out! Ugh my faith in Savage is is going way down fast at this point I don't even know if I want another Savage gun!

benellibill
04-27-2016, 10:26 AM
So, what did you finally do MrMatty? If you went with a different brand I cant say I blame you. That's BS for sure. Its hard to fathom how some people can receive such great CS and others just get crapped on like you did. I always get names of people I talk to when dealing with CS so I have someone to rag on because my luck when dealing with CS people usually goes about like this situation, this, in my opinion, is totally unacceptable.

MrMatty
05-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Benellibill:
I did get the gun back finally and it seem to group much better! I can say after all that I'm in no hurry to buy another Savage for a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hscrugby
05-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Any of you guys having trouble loading or ejecting some ammo?

Wife got a 10fcp-sr 308 with the 24" barrel. It shoots black hills great, but the "cheaper" federal gold match won't even load. We can't close the bolt all the way. I could probably force it if I pushed hard enough, but that seemed a good way to have a bad end...
the same rounds fit perfectly and fired fine from rem 700s and a Ruger precision rifle..

Tried Sellier andbellot and about 1 out of five were very hard to eject.
winchester ammo from Walmart seemed ok, but very inconsistent, (cheap ammo so figured it wouldn't plink like black hills)
remington ammo seemed hard to load, not as bad as federal, but close.
Hornady was the same. (Not sure what type or grain for Hornady, just something another guy at range had)

we sent the rifle back to savage to see if they see anything but just wondering if others have seen similar issues.

thanks

When its shooting the black hills it shoots great.

Bill C
05-09-2016, 09:58 AM
There have been a few other posts like this one that are indicative of a potential QAQC issue. Im betting its an issue with the reciever or barrel threading or both.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

joebut1985
05-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Would you suggest not getting one of these rifles? I was going to go and purchase one today.

Hscrugby
05-12-2016, 03:36 PM
I love the way it shoots, and if you reload it's awesome...

Just may not be able to shoot federal....

composed by one monkey on one typewriter

Hscrugby
05-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Well, wife's gun is on the way back supposedly.
We'll see. Asked them if we could pay for rush shipping to have it for the long weekend, got a snide response.
"That's all we will do for a cheap rifle. If you wanted it rushed you should have got a custom rifle"

Not real happy with that attitude

Zero333
05-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Problem with your wife's rifle is most likely the Leade before the rifling is tight or the freebore is short or both. Not uncommon with some of the mod 10 FCP rifles. I would of just Re-throated it instead of sending it back.

My brother has a 10 FCP-K and when it was new the 175gr FGMM would jam in the lands. 168gr FGMM was good.

Hscrugby
05-26-2016, 03:17 PM
Yea, well...

Not sure if you're married, but if you are, you'll know that it was her decision to send it back, so no chance of me arguing with her for that. 😂😂😂

bl-u13
09-30-2016, 11:33 PM
Hello All : I to have an FCP-SR in .308 with exactly the same issue. Shoots hard left with no scope adjustment left. I've tried mounting a different scope , that I know works good, but same deal. I'm not about to buy special rings or shim anything as this is a new gun that should not do this. One big difference in my case.... I live in Canada, so no real warranty here . They have a few gunsmiths around who carry out warranty work for SAVAGE ARMS, but IMO that can't be as good as returning it to where it came from(factory). I bought into the Savage LORE figuring I'd get an out of the box accurate Rifle .....couldn't possibly be more disappointed. Been shooting Brownings and SAKOs up till now never had anything like this. I bought the gun a while back and then my daughter (5 yrs. old) got diagnosed with A.L.L. Leukemia . So needless to say my priorities shifted and the Savage project went on hold as money and time was just not in the picture . I'd really like to know what the problem was with these guns because I have to fix this one on my own. Here in Canada the warranty smith, our CS will not look at my gun without the original receipt (which I have no clue where it might be) My FCP-SR is still the model with the digital Camo and AI bottom metal & mag . I know I'm posting in an old thread but I need to find out what to fix before I spend any more money. If any one reads this and can tell me how the story ended on all these guns I'd really like to know . I'm prepared to rebarrel but if it's a receiver issue then I'm throwing good money after bad . I feel that Savage needs to tighten up QC. I was surprised to find out that I was not alone and that my exact problem was previously posted in a thread......So there are probably a lot more out there that no one will ever know about............BTW my serial number is>>J144142.....Thanks in advance for any info.......Bernie in CANADA

bl-u13
09-30-2016, 11:38 PM
mine is J144142 I'm in Canada with the same problem still unresolved

Oldhenry1
10-01-2016, 04:11 PM
I have one on the way, my fingers are crossed. Kinda worried now.