PDA

View Full Version : 10FCP-SR problem

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

MrMatty
02-06-2016, 06:39 PM
That being said I did notice when setting the scope on that gun originally that it seems that base mount is really high and the medium rings seemed a little on the high side still. Any of you notice the same and if so did you have better luck switching to lower rings or even something else?

Kkern
02-06-2016, 08:44 PM
That being said I did notice when setting the scope on that gun originally that it seems that base mount is really high and the medium rings seemed a little on the high side still. Any of you notice the same and if so did you have better luck switching to lower rings or even something else?

I always use the lowest possible rings I can....just as long as there's enough clearance for the objective with flip up caps...[emoji41]
Does your rifle have the 20MOA base ?

MrMatty
02-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Yes it has that 20MOA base that came with gun! Why is there something wrong with that base?

Kkern
02-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Yes it has that 20MOA base that came with gun! Why is there something wrong with that base?

Nope....no problem with 20MOA base....but that is probably why it appears to "mount high"....

bdz65
02-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Nope....no problem with 20MOA base....but that is probably why it appears to "mount high"....

I would have expected a 20 MOA base to have the scope axis with the front lower than the rear, relative to the barrel axis. As a result I would expected the scope to appear a little lower when looking at the front bell clearance to the barrel.

Kkern
02-07-2016, 10:06 AM
I would have expected a 20 MOA base to have the scope axis with the front lower than the rear, relative to the barrel axis. As a result I would expected the scope to appear a little lower when looking at the front bell clearance to the barrel.

Well....I guess it depends on "how you look at it..." [emoji6]

jlefud71
02-14-2016, 06:38 PM
Man yall are freaking me out! I just got the 20" version from dicks for my bday that has the kryptek stock and i have not got to shoot it yet! Hope its a keeper

Petre
02-16-2016, 06:55 PM
No it was an accu-stock version. its just weird that the CS rep's I spoke with before kept telling me it passed the range test with flying colors and it would be shipped out after cleaning and then I get a call that I would be getting a NEW rifle to replace mine. Just makes you wonder HUH. All I have to say is that the new one better shoot great. they have had my rifle over a month now just to tell me I'm getting a new one. If it wasn't for the CS rep's being so nice on the phone I think I would have already blown a gasket at one of the. well enough venting.

They probably blemished it and decided it was better to send you a perfect replacement. With all that handling and being in a business similar, I'd bet money on that being the problem. Someone like myself at times will make the decision to replace rather than repair when damage to the original product occurs during rework. That would be my guess. After rework it probably did shoot A1 "but what's the customer gonna think about the tooling marks on the action now?"

Petre
02-16-2016, 06:56 PM
Man yall are freaking me out! I just got the 20" version from dicks for my bday that has the kryptek stock and i have not got to shoot it yet! Hope its a keeper

Why freak out? Savage took care of him 100%

miscverb
02-18-2016, 08:43 AM
My FCP just happens to be the most accurate gun I own. Remington 700's aren't even close out of the box. Good luck.

jlefud71
02-18-2016, 01:24 PM
I shot mine 9 rounds last night in high wind and almost dark sighted in just fine at 50 got it about inch right at 100 and called it good. 2 rounds at 50 then next three rounds at 100 were 1.25" before taking out .308 next four i was working towards a decent zero so sat morn when its calm i can get some groups in. This was with cheap win 150 gr psp

cica_trix
02-19-2016, 01:55 PM
My FCP just happens to be the most accurate gun I own. Remington 700's aren't even close out of the box. Good luck.

What is the model number / sku on your rifle? I am in the market for my first bolt action, and looking at the 10-fcp-sr in 20 in barrel. sku 22442.

Also does anyone know the precision difference with the 10-fcp-sr to their 10/110 trophy hunter xp (sku 19717)?

Thanks!

Porkchop
02-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Ok guys, here is my saga. I purchase a Savage arms #22442 model 10 FCP-SR with 20" barrel early Dec 2015, mounted scope and went to range. I had the same problem as others with running out of elevation adjustment, 12" low @ 100yards.

Called Savage explained the situation and they promptly emailed a return shipping label. Boxed it up and sent it back, they received it on 12/16/15.

I called customer service on 1/8/16, they said it had not been looked at yet to call back in two weeks.

Called again on 1/18 they said the Gunsmith was installing a new barrel give it 2 more weeks.

Called again on 2/2 said they needed to replace the rifle with a complete new one, CS person could not tell me why and to call back in 2 weeks.

Called again on 2/16 and the CS person could not tell me anything other the they were replacing the rifle and that it takes time.

Called again today 2/23 and the CS rep said the same but took my phone number and said he would call me back with a ETA by the weekend.

I will keep you updated.

MrMatty
02-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Sounds like we are in the same boat porkchop! They've had mine since 1-13-16 and I keep getting same thing from the CS and that they are waiting for the production of them rifles and mine would be one of the first ones off the line to be tested before shipped!

bdz65
02-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Make room in your boat, Im in too. I have a new replacement gun in production, waiting is hard, sure it will be worth it.

MrMatty
02-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Lets all stay in touch with each other as far as when we all start getting our rifles. I'm interested to see if we are all waiting on them to run them in the next production?

Porkchop
03-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Ok guys, here is my saga. I purchase a Savage arms #22442 model 10 FCP-SR with 20" barrel early Dec 2015, mounted scope and went to range. I had the same problem as others with running out of elevation adjustment, 12" low @ 100yards.

Called Savage explained the situation and they promptly emailed a return shipping label. Boxed it up and sent it back, they received it on 12/16/15.

I called customer service on 1/8/16, they said it had not been looked at yet to call back in two weeks.

Called again on 1/18 they said the Gunsmith was installing a new barrel give it 2 more weeks.

Called again on 2/2 said they needed to replace the rifle with a complete new one, CS person could not tell me why and to call back in 2 weeks.

Called again on 2/16 and the CS person could not tell me anything other the they were replacing the rifle and that it takes time.

Called again today 2/23 and the CS rep said the same but took my phone number and said he would call me back with a ETA by the weekend.

I will keep you updated.

Update from post #53

2/24 rep called as promised and stated that I should have it back in 2 no more than 3 weeks.

3/2 I requested on 2 previous calls that they call or email with a tracking number prior to shipment so I could make arrangements for someone to receive the package as a over 21 signature is required.

Came from work today and UPS left a note on the door that they had tried to deliver. I never received a notification from Savage that it had shipped.

If I receive it tomorrow it would be a total of 73 days for the repair.

Porkchop
03-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Update from post #53

2/24 rep called as promised and stated that I should have it back in 2 no more than 3 weeks.

3/2 I requested on 2 previous calls that they call or email with a tracking number prior to shipment so I could make arrangements for someone to receive the package as a over 21 signature is required.

Came from work today and UPS left a note on the door that they had tried to deliver. I never received a notification from Savage that it had shipped.

If I receive it tomorrow it would be a total of 73 days for the repair.

Update from post #57

3/3 Received replacement rifle today, opened box and it is a new one but this one came without the scope rail and no paper work with an explanation of the problem.

The barrel is a little dirty inside so it was fired but probably no more than the defective one, I have my doubts if a gunsmith really went over this one as stated by Customer Service.

I called CS again and requested they expedite the rail as to not miss another weekend at the range but they refused and said I would have it sometime next week.

Accuracy report to follow

Porkchop
03-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Update from post #57

3/3 Received replacement rifle today, opened box and it is a new one but this one came without the scope rail and no paper work with an explanation of the problem.

The barrel is a little dirty inside so it was fired but probably no more than the defective one, I have my doubts if a gunsmith really went over this one as stated by Customer Service.

I called CS again and requested they expedite the rail as to not miss another weekend at the range but they refused and said I would have it sometime next week.

Accuracy report to follow

I received the missing EGW 0 MOA scope mount, installed it and the scope and headed to the range.

Started Savages barrel break in procedure while sighting it in using Federal 168 grain Sierra Matchking BTHP.

After about 20 rounds it started grouping 1" - 1.5" @ 100 yards.

Then 3/4" after about 35 rounds, then at around 50 it all came together with dime size groups.

I am very happy and this just might become my favorite rifle.

Hope everyone else's replacement goes as well.

jlefud71
03-09-2016, 10:12 PM
I love mine!!