PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 22 Mag Model 93 FV-SR

Rooster 50
04-04-2015, 11:39 PM
Bought one form Calbelas. Mounted a no doubt scope on it and went to the range today. Didn't even clean it just loaded up and started shooting. Using Hornady 30gr Ballistic tips and Winchester Super X in the Gray box.

Wow does this rifle shoot. I shot it without the muzzle break which I believe is about as useful a teats on a boar hog on this rifle. I removed it and put the supplied barrel cap/thread protector on.

Shot several 1/2 in groups at 50 yds with intermittent wind gusts up to 10mph. Then switched to 100yds. Shot 3 groups with both brands of ammo and saw only slightly larger groups with the Winchester ammo. I didn't have one group at 100 that exceeded 1in and at least one with both brands that was under .65 in.........

Now for the bad news.......this is the worst feeding rifle I have ever owned. If you pull the bolt back quick and hard it will throw 3 cartridges up at the same time. If you don't throw it back hard it doesn't feed at all about 1/2 the time. I effectively own a great little single shot 22 mag rifle.

Going to call Savage on Monday and see what they say. I am also going to try some of the magazines I have for a Model 93 17hmr and see if they feed better. They should be interchangeable. BTW after the magazine is clicked into place you can still move it up and down close to 1/8 of an in.

......and one else having these issues with recently released Model 93's