PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Creedmoor Build

Palmetto-Pride
04-04-2015, 07:36 PM
So I put together a 6.5CM from a Dicks Sporting Goods 308 11VT I used a ER Shaw 26" SS 1-8 twist barrel and it shoots 1/2 MOA even with the crappy Tupperware stock it came with I am very happy with it.

A couple hiccups I had I would like to point out for other people. First if you get one with a smooth barrel nut do not use the Wheeler smooth barrel nut wrench to try and take it off it just ain't going to happen. I couldn't get it tight enough to not slip, but my theory is that when you tighten down the clamp you are actually squeezing the barrel nut against the barrel because all it took was a pair of Channel Lock pliers to remove it with less force than I was applying with the special smooth nut barrel wrench. Next if you remove the ejector and extractor from the bolt to check head space with the go and no go gauges pay very very close attention as to how the bolt goes back together......it is not like a normal 110 bolt it does not have a self-contained firing pin spring. I don't know if this design change on all model 110s or if this is just a cheapened version for the Dicks exclusive rifles.

Hotolds442
04-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Fixed it for ya....