PDA

View Full Version : First range trip with new 6BR build. Ho Hum results.

Pages : 1 [2]

noelfr
08-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Have the same bbl and probably same action. First trip to the range and I was really dissapointed. Researched some more and went out planning to adjust as I went. First group was match kings, around 105 if I remember correctly, but the important thing is that they were jammed .02. Small, one hole group. Have found that my heavier bullets like snuggling up into the lands and my lighter bullets like to jump .02 or thereabouts. Persevere. You'll find it's very, very worth it.

racinready300ex
08-19-2011, 01:02 PM
I could be getting some bounce. I wanted to shoot it with the bipod because I will be shooting it prone in long range steel matches. I may just try sandbags tomorrow, or a firmer grip on the forearm with the bipod. I was worried that if I had sighted it in with sandbags and got good groups, that my groups may open up when I go to shooting prone with the bipod.

Anyway, I loaded nine rounds of each of the following charges - 29.6, 29.8, 30 and 30.2. Each charge will be tested at a .010 jump, a kiss, and a .010 jam. Hope I can find something.

You can't shoot free recoil off a bi-pod. If you want to shoot off a bi-pod you need to keep it from bouncing. If your shooting from a bench, I have taken a board with me cut to the width of the bench. I clamp it down on both sides of the bench. I press the leggs of the bi-pod up agains the board to load it, and squeeze the rear bag. like I would prone.