PDA

View Full Version : Long Range Hunter in stores...

chadster73
05-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Took my lunch at Cabelas-Lehi, UT. yesterday and saw the Savage Long Range Hunter. Overall fit and finish was nice-loved the length of pull and the karsten cheekpiece was a nice touch! Also, barrel was not fluted. They only had it in 300 Win Mag... :o -too much recoil for my taste!
Price was $799.00... I had the gentleman check the system, they did not not have any 6.5X284's in yet but they were in the system and should be in at anytime! F.Y.I.. for those of you who care, thanks!
P.S.
Cabelas usually does not have the cheapest prices unless something is bieng discontinued... like my when I got my CVA-Accura muzzleloader...

hank440
05-15-2010, 04:36 PM
THANKS for the info I want one in 7mm Mag ;D

DCM
05-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I read the article about them in Shooting Times and it sure looks like a great rifle. I want to see one so I can see how heavy it ended up being. According to the article, it looks like it might hit 10 lbs. with a scope. The article is several months old and I have been wondering if it ended up being as heavy as the one tested.

How did it feel to you?

Armed in Utah
05-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Had three LR Hunters on my Brown truck last week....

all three were 6.5x284s....my FFL guy had 'em all sold....

yes they all had the new silly azz new barrel nut too.....

Uncle Jack
05-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Tell me about left hand and then I'll get excited.

uj

tktmsa
05-20-2010, 11:14 PM
I caressed said gun at cabelas Lehi, My son bought it.

Very well balanced and not a heavyweight, the action is very smooth - better than my 110FP. It will be a little while before he'll start breaking it in, I'll report when we do.

chadster73
05-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Wow... congrats!!! I'm thinking that is going to be the "setup" for me... only in 6.5 for 25-06 because I'm a recoil wussy!! LOL ;D
I agree totally... I think the weight is 8.5 or 9 lbs... nice length of pull for those of us w/short arms... and yes... pointed/balanced very nicely! I think I can find it for cheaper elsewhere though... let us know how it shoots.