PDA

View Full Version : Rimfire forearm savage 25 and 1914

snowman
04-02-2015, 07:31 PM
hey sav22 - snowman here you showed some pictures of the 1914 and 25 do you own both of these gun and if you do, could you take a close look at both forearms to see what maybe different I have been seeing some 1914 ones on e-bay but the one place would not give me any info except to say they are not the same but I think they did not want to be bothered and after weeks it is still on e bay at $79.00
thank you for any info you can give.

Sav22
04-03-2015, 12:24 AM
I really am not sure if they would interchange, I have a few examples of both but have never tried to swap forearms. To remove the forearm the magazine tube must be taken out & on the 1914's, because it's pinned to the receiver, that is an involved process. I will try to do more comparison in the next few days & post an update. Of course we are not talking about the later Model 25 forearms with two mounting screws only on the right.

snowman
04-04-2015, 10:45 AM
to sav22 - by all means I am not asking to take anything apart just look at the two to see if it looks like the 1914 would work on the 25 with some work if needed, and yes forearm with 1 screw on each side.
thanks again

Sav22
04-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Without actually swapping forearms a 1914 & a 25 look the same, hole location looks the same & the diameter of the front of the slide arm look the same... but my experience with Savage is that parts can change within a model run (like early & late model 25 forearms) so it's possible that some 1914 forearms might have been different, early 1914's had different magazine tubes & mounting rings than later ones. I see another 1914 forearm recently sold for about $50. I might have an extra, headed for Tulsa right now so it will awhile before I can look, I also have a house brand 25 with the forearm off so I can do a trial fit to be sure if it would work on a 25 if I do have one.

One thing I forgot to check was the head size of the screws, I think the 1914's might take a smaller headed screw that 25's - but that might have even changed during 1914 production.

snowman
04-10-2015, 06:08 PM
to sav22 I bought one on ebay lately but have not rec,d it yet all the measurements seemed right I will let you know what happens when I get it and try it out. thanks for your info.