PDA

View Full Version : Savage 12 f t/r case?

Grand Poo Bah
04-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Hi all.

I have a case question for my crazy long rifle. I have a stock 12 f t/r and my case was destroyed by an airline and need another one. Can any one make any reasonably priced case suggestions?

Thanks,

Bryan

Uncle H
04-02-2015, 10:21 PM
I use this one for my Savage F-T/R rifle, it just barely fits but it does, I put a cloth of the muzzle end on the rifle just incase it touches the case. There is also room for a one piece cleaning rod and heat shield.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/558961/plano-airglide-scoped-rifle-shotgun-case-50-polymer-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Fotheringill
04-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Th Plano Air-Glide WILL touch the front end. I have a few and use one back and forth to the range with my F-T/R. I would not count on it for air travel for this rifle.

You CAN dump other stuff in there like a rod and shields and whatever else, though.

I think you will be better served with one of the larger Pelican cases, but you know the prices on them. OTOH, you know the value of your rifle, as well.

GaCop
04-05-2015, 02:22 PM
For a "travel" case, hard to beat the Pelican. For back and forth to the range, even a 52" tactical soft case will work.