PDA

View Full Version : Model 12 F Class Base and Bipod Q's??!!

brangus1111
04-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, just picked up my F Class in 6.5x284. Ive been looking at bases and noticed that EGW offers several F-Class bases....My Question is, Is there any difference between these and the regular bases? Are the mount hole spacings different on the target actions? If not, can i just use the regular model 10 bases? What are the advantages/disadvantages? Ive noticed that some are extremely long, obviously allowing for maneuverability of optics. However, in my experience, these longer rails will sometimes hinder mounting as well (hitting bell of scope etc.) I have ordered the new Vortex PS-T FFP 6-24x50 EBR-2C. 2nd questions is in reference to Bipod/Rest....Ive got my eye on the Bald Eagle rest by Grizzly. But have also considered the Sinclair F-Class Bi-pod. My concern with the Bi Pod is the mounting on the F-Class since it does not come equip with a swivel. Are there alternate means of mounting? I do like the light weight of the Sinlcair and its versatility as opposed to the much larger F Class rests. Just want to make sure i've got my ducks in a row before I begin to consider which way to go. I do have the time considering my scope wont be here for another 3 months lol. Thx in advance.