PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: High velocity .22 ammo

Jack1
03-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Hi all

Greetings from across the 'pond'!

I have a Savage MK11 BSEV which I have always ammo up to 1082 F/S. I tried the new Eley Force ammo designed for semi auto's in my Volquartsen but it was not great so, I tried it in my Savage MK11 and the results were better then I could have expected. But, it is 1200 F/S is that too much for a bolt action Savage?

Cheers have a good weekend :very_drunk:
Jack

shagerott
03-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Jack,
From my 'limited' experience with the Savage MkII and 93R, the same barrel construction is used for all the Savage rimfire. The chamber is set for the cartridge used. The 17HMR and 22WMR are at pressures greater than you would get from a 22LR and they handle it well. - cosh

djames6487
03-27-2015, 04:43 PM
I shoot high velocity out of mine all the time and I have killed a fly on my target at 100yds before... I basically always shoot the HV stuff... Not that I can find it any more but when I can.

Jack1
03-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Jack,
From my 'limited' experience with the Savage MkII and 93R, the same barrel construction is used for all the Savage rimfire. The chamber is set for the cartridge used. The 17HMR and 22WMR are at pressures greater than you would get from a 22LR and they handle it well. - cosh

I shoot high velocity out of mine all the time and I have killed a fly on my target at 100yds before... I basically always shoot the HV stuff... Not that I can find it any more but when I can.

Thanks for the info chaps. Much appreciated. Have a good week
Jack