PDA

View Full Version : Top bolt release stocks

*tim*
03-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Are all top bolt models the same bolt pattern? I found an old weather warrior that has the top bolt which is what I want so I can find an aftermarket stock easier. The ad says pre accustock but has accutrigger

landsaw
03-27-2015, 11:17 AM
No some are staggered feed, some are center feed. Center feed mag well comes off with the stock. Staggered feed mag well stays on action when stock is removed.

jbjh
03-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Measure the space between the action screws. 4.27" is stagger feed, 4.4" is center feed.

*tim*
04-01-2015, 04:21 PM
it is a wsm gun so I'm pretty sure it is center feed. I was just making sure the old weather warrior with the top bolt release had the same stocks as the rest

Hotolds442
04-01-2015, 05:22 PM
it is a wsm gun so I'm pretty sure it is center feed. I was just making sure the old weather warrior with the top bolt release had the same stocks as the rest
Being a WSM does not elevate it into the centerfeed feed system by default. The early WSM's were stagger feed and used controlled round feeding and a standing ejector. Quickest way to tell is to look at the bolt face. If it has the ejector in the bolt head, it's centerfeed. If the bottom of the bolt head is relieved for feeding, it's stagger feed. No need to remove the stock to see where the magazine resides.