PDA

View Full Version : model 11 ?

grumpy
03-26-2015, 12:54 PM
I just bought my first Savage this week and got some a zoom snap caps for it. Well i took her out yesterday and she ran flawless but when i got home i checked all the screws and bolts,now for some reason it won't eject the dummy round's.However it will still eject real ammo ,is this something i should worry about, is it a sign of problems to come. Hoping someone can give me some insight to this i'm hoping small bump in the road.

foxx
03-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I don't think you need to worry about it. Those dummy rounds are not made or intended to be a tool for testing/checking function. They are snap caps only (simply intended to dry firing w/o damage to spring and/or pin, etc.)

I am sure that if you checked all their dimensions with a micrometer and compared to your real rounds, there would be inconsistencies.

You're good.

grumpy
03-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I don't think you need to worry about it. Those dummy rounds are not made or intended to be a tool for testing/checking function. They are snap caps only (simply intended to dry firing w/o damage to spring and/or pin, etc.)

I am sure that if you checked all their dimensions with a micrometer and compared to your real rounds, there would be inconsistencies.

You're good.Thats what I've been doing here the last few minutes not with a mic just eyeballing, you can tell rim is not as wide as the real thing. It will pull them out of the chamber it just won't throw them. As long as she feeds the real deal i'm happy.

savgebolt
03-28-2015, 11:00 AM
grumpy,,,,,,, thought,,,, question,,,,maybe there design, dimensions are intended to make them that way ????

grumpy
03-28-2015, 11:24 AM
grumpy,,,,,,, thought,,,, question,,,,maybe there design, dimensions are intended to make them that way ????
Well it was not the dummy rounds after all it stopped ejecting all together. From what all of the gentleman on this site have told me it's not an uncommon problem, so it is in for repair

foxx
03-28-2015, 11:25 AM
Grumpy started a new thread... don't know why, but the saga continues elsewhere... He does have an extraction problem. :(

Ooops, there it is.

grumpy
03-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Grumpy started a new thread... don't know why, but the saga continues elsewhere... He does have an extraction problem. :(

Ooops, there it is.I'm sorry didn't mean to start another thread ,was kinda tick off at that point in time from a bunch of other stuff i had to go though with it. Didn't mean to bother you with my saga.

foxx
03-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Sorry. I think you misunderstood me. No need to apologize. The saga is real. The saga is valid. We are here to offer advice and emotional support. I was just saying the saga continues. It aint over. The fat lady aint sung.

Why you ditched this thread when the probkem persists aint no big deal. What matters is we are here for you, man.

grumpy
03-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Sorry. I think you misunderstood me. No need to apologize. The saga is real. The saga is valid. We are here to offer advice and emotional support. I was just saying the saga continues. It aint over. The fat lady aint sung.

Why you ditched this thread when the probkem persists aint no big deal. What matters is we are here for you, man.sorry for the misunderstanding it's just tickin me off. When you go spend good money on something you expect it to work. And as far as the fat lady goes i hope she starts singing soon and this is the last thing i'm gonna have to deal with for a while