PDA

View Full Version : Getting sick of waiting!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

tufrthnails
05-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Just curious Conch when you get a stevens action is there anything you do to it? Basically to you run it the way you pulled it off or do you clean up machining?

FW Conch
05-10-2015, 04:35 PM
So far, I have not done anything special. The Steven 200 action is the same as the Savage 10, but maybe a little rougher finish and lesser blue job. Since the Stevens 200 is discontinued, you might look for a Savage 11 for your doner rifle. The beauty of the Savage system, to me, is the floating bolt head, and of course, the Barrel Nut.

As has been suggested by some very knowledgeable members here, I would not bother to have a Savage action trued. If I wanted to take it to a higher level, I would buy an aftermarket target action. The one that appeals to me is the Shilen. But it's $1,000, and my shooting skills can't justify that kind of expense.

Most of us on here started out with factory rifles, only to find they didn't provide to all of our needs. Along the way, we got "bitten by the bug", and here we are. You my as well dive in right now, it's probably just a matter of time anyway! :-))

Good Luck...Good Shooting!... Jim

bandj524
05-10-2015, 06:35 PM
What's "improved" about the magazine? Is it really different, or are they just doing better QC?

My magazine had 2 problems first was it didn't feed correctly and second it would not hold all 10 rounds if you put the tenth round in it would pop back out as soon as you let go of it. savage sent me a new and improved mag and it is very hard to get the 10th round in but it stays in the mag. cant tell you how it feeds because savage has my rifle for warranty work we shall see when I get it back.