PDA

View Full Version : setting barrels back...

LongRange
03-24-2015, 08:31 PM
Who do you guys use to set barrels back and whats the cost?

Ive got 2 barrels that were very accurate when pulled that id like to have set back if the cost is not to much compared to just replacing them.

LoneWolf
03-24-2015, 11:14 PM
Jim at ApachGunWorks built an awesome performing 243win for me. Had him do it up with a long shank, so that I can have him set it back when I'm ready. He lists his prices on his site.

LongRange
03-25-2015, 08:15 AM
thanks LW ill look into that.

jonbearman
03-27-2015, 04:02 PM
If I was you I would at least try er shaw as the price for some there barrel kits in stainless are only 200.00 for a sporter barrel. I would rechamber unless it was borescoped carefully as a barrel deteriorates it gets pits and cracks from the surface heat and in some cases goes all the way down the barrel. If your barrels are after market and prove to be in good shape you may get another 500 rounds out them in a lot of cases.

LongRange
03-28-2015, 06:22 PM
If I was you I would at least try er shaw as the price for some there barrel kits in stainless are only 200.00 for a sporter barrel. I would rechamber unless it was borescoped carefully as a barrel deteriorates it gets pits and cracks from the surface heat and in some cases goes all the way down the barrel. If your barrels are after market and prove to be in good shape you may get another 500 rounds out them in a lot of cases.

thanks jon you kinda confirmed my thoughts.