PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Center Point Scopes?

ReadyFreddy23
05-12-2010, 11:02 AM
just bought a new to me Savage 110 .270 for $100. It needs a scope. I was considering Nikon and Leupold. I went to Wal-Mart to check out the Nikons and Leupolds and saw a Center Point Scope 4-16 X 40 with illuminated reticle for $69. It's in a plastic package and they won't let you open the package to look through the scope. I bought it and I have 90 days to figure out if it's a piece of crap or not. I know the old adage that you get what you pay for but I've found many instances where that isn't always true.

Does anyone have any experience with these? The online reviews seem to be very positive with only a few negatives.

shaman
06-06-2010, 08:51 PM
it's a great scope, and if you want I can send you links to other people who think so. I have one on an airgun, and another I got used that will go on a 10/17 Ruger or a Mk2. Several have said it's the best scope for the money. Twist the knobs up and back down, as the problems seem to be in the adjustments. IF it doesn't work, then take it back and get another. That is what I did, and bought some groceries at the same time. I hate to say it, but walmart and centerpoint make a good combo this time.

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,32561.0.html

pa hog
06-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Save your money for something better, Get a Nikon ProStaff or Buckmaters, Burris Full Field II, Bushnell Elite 3200 in 3-9x40 These are usually under or around 200.00

psharon97
06-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I must have spent $400 on 'cheap' scopes for different rifles over the years before I spent $265 on a good scope. I bought that scope last summer and have no intention on going back. Cheap scopes leave a lot to be desired when it comes to optical clearity as compared with more expensive scopes.