PDA

View Full Version : Hello from deep South Texas

Bosscott
03-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Hello everyone, I just bought my first Savage rifle! My experience with firearms started when I was 5 years old. My father would take me hunting! He tought me safety as well as technique. Looking back, those are the favorite memories of my childhood.

I have a modest collection of firearms consisting of pistols, AR's and hunting rifles. I have never considered myself to be an expert marksman, however I do think I'm better than average. My collection, however, does not have a rifle that will truly let me know how accurate I am.

Well, four weeks ago I had total knee replacement surgery. Therefore, I've had a lot of spare time laying on the couch with my leg elevated and freezing cold from ice! During this time I became obsessed with building the most accurat rifle I can afford. Much web surfing led me to this forum as well as others. It became apparent that starting with a Savage action was my best choice.

So, at 46 years old, I just purchased my first Savage 110. I have a barrel on order from Shilen, and a stock on order from McMillan. Hopefully, it'll all come together in a few months. Wish me luck!

drybean
03-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
03-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Welcome - Pics when it's done!

Hotolds442
03-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Welcome!

B52buff
03-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Welcome from NE Michigan.