PDA

View Full Version : Help with 10fcp-k and Choate stock stuck?!!

fastgixxerlv
05-11-2010, 11:49 PM
I need help bad with my rifle guys! I bought a new Choate Tactical stock for my 10fcp-k and it's stuck! When I first put the stock on the rear tang for the safety and the stock had a gap when I tightened the front action screw so I was thinking remove material off the rear action bolt or shim the front bolt. I did a test fit before I did anything and dry fired to test it and the trigger would'nt budge, so I recocked it and it fired. Now the big problem is the rear action screw will not back out to save my life. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong? Please help! Thank you! ???

wbm
05-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Is the front action screw out? When you installed the rear action screw did you torque it down or just hand tighten it? Seems like the rear action screw is binding on something.

fastgixxerlv
05-12-2010, 10:08 AM
The front come out no problem... It was just hand tightened... I'm sure it's stuck on something but I can't figure out what? I've already ruined 2 allen wrenches. >:( I might have to cut the head off the screw and take it off that way? ??? I'm gonna try one more time and have a buddy wiggle the action while I back out the screw or something?

fastgixxerlv
05-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I finally figured out the problem!!! ;D When I put the stock on and tightened the action screws I had the bolt out so the little lever thing on the bolt release in front of the trigger guard where the action screw sits underneath is caught. If anyone out there is thinking about the choate custom tactical stock for their 10fcp-k, make sure the bolt is in and cocked before tightening the rear action screw. Now, how the hell am I gonna get it off? ???

Blue Avenger
05-12-2010, 08:11 PM
take the screw out of the back of the bolt to remove any spring pressure from the firing pin.