PDA

View Full Version : MDT Poly Mags for Savage 10 series?

BigDave
03-19-2015, 08:58 PM
I am 99% certain I can get one of their $39.00 10 round poly mags to fit my Accurate Mag AICS style bottom metal (10 FCP-SR). I will LYK. I called them up today in BC, Canadia. Eh? Talked with Dino. VERY nice guy. I think it was $54 with shipping all the way across to me in SFL.

Brownells and others will eventually offer the FDE mag for $39.00 with cheaper shipping. The black poly mags are available from a few dealers here in the USA.

I purchased one of their 2 week old FDE mags since that will eventually be close to my color for everything (Desert Tan. No digital!)

I will have to post results and photos I suppose. It may take while to get here. But they said they ship the same day as I ordered (today).

Oh, I pretty much like their LSS Chassis system...a lot. Their buttstock is heavish but you can even out a CTR with a riser on the darn thing AND have the stock fold too! All for way way less than 1K. Next year...

They have a brand brand new model out too.

http://mdttac.com/

RatMag
03-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Be careful in choosing the MDT magazines. The internal dimension will only let you load them short @ 2.80", like a factory 100gr btsp round.

Just an FYI. I wouldn't want you to get them with high hopes, and get shot down. Not much room to play with.

DK

BigDave
03-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Be careful in choosing the MDT magazines. The internal dimension will only let you load them short @ 2.80", like a factory 100gr btsp round.

Just an FYI. I wouldn't want you to get them with high hopes, and get shot down. Not much room to play with.

DK

I appreciate the concern. Someone as OCD as myself should be hand loading. I likely would have bought a single shot rifle with no magazine had that been the case. No, it's all factory ammo for me I am afraid.

I am good.
The max OAL of my Black Hills SMK 175gr are 2.8". The max OAL of my BH SMK 168gr are 2.795. I measure and record the OAL of every bullet. I then sort them according to OAL. Each impact and OAL of each round gets recorded. Also each lot # gets recorded. The BH 168gr have more of an ES in OAL than the 175gr for some reason.

I should have fun with the 200 rounds of Federal GMM 168gr SMK's coming. LOL.
Yep, I will mike each round.

I measured...The max inside length of my Accurate Mag with zero interference is 2.885 for reference.
I will measure, record and report the OAL inside length of the MDT when I give a review.
All of this goes in my log books.

OCD much? This is me for example:
I just got a new scope. It was not set to mechanical zero (elevation or windage) from the factory. It is off by a couple mills on elevation and one mil on windage. Even though the turrets READ zero. It is a false mechanical zero. I counted clicks.
That gets recorded and corrected. Then the scope gets zeroed at the range and the new values (how far off real mechanical zero the 100 yard zero is)are recorded and the turrets are set again to show zero.
Whew!

RatMag
03-21-2015, 10:39 AM
Well, OK then... LOL.

Sounds like you already have a plan and an action for most anything. That is not a bad thing at all. I am similar, but age, kids, grandkids, ex's, and no money have changed my priorities a bit over the years... ;) I still shoot though when I get a chance, it helps keep me off the couch... the shrink's couch that is!!

DK

BigDave
03-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Well, OK then... LOL.

Sounds like you already have a plan and an action for most anything. That is not a bad thing at all. I am similar, but age, kids, grandkids, ex's, and no money have changed my priorities a bit over the years... I still shoot though when I get a chance, it helps keep me off the couch... the shrink's couch that is!!

DK

You never see motorcycles or cars with NRA stickers in the parking lot of a shrink! :)
See my reply in photo section commenting on you wanting a longer forearm on MDT chassis. You should find it quite enlightening. It's in the Alpha Mag thread.
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?41658-Big-thumbs-up-for-Alpha-Industries!!&p=311537&viewfull=1#post311537

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i270/bosundave/4102195_01_savage_arms_model_10_fcp_sr_30_640_zps2 rt9db8l.jpg