PDA

View Full Version : Problems training in the Rain

Pages : 1 [2]

Alleycat72
04-05-2015, 08:27 AM
This.
http://www.americanscreeningcorp.com/Finger-Cots-Latex-P9486.aspx?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic&gclid=CjwKEAjwuoOpBRCSy6yQm66J1g8SJABrXW4883ZK2Ybe 8B8TIcYe3Z9T8UYT_jhBN3-EEQsSdsJqYhoC3Pnw_wcB

And an old camouflage rain jacket over the scope and action. If you get water between the action and the bedding your going to have fun.

GaCop
04-16-2015, 07:19 AM
What's this canopy you speak of? One of the advanced sniper courses I attended we had rain most of the week. Imagine doing 500-1000 yard low crawl stalks through knee high CRP, wearing a full ghillie, in the rain. It was fun and sucked at the same time.

As stated already wet ammo and/or water in the bore will produce the effects you described. The only thing you can do is keep everything as dry as possible, or shoot only when it is nice out. ;)

Huntin1 When I went through the scout sniper course at Camp Lejeune, we put electrical tape over the muzzle to keep water out when crawling through dew wet grass and in the rain.

huntin1
04-16-2015, 12:10 PM
When I went through the scout sniper course at Camp Lejeune, we put electrical tape over the muzzle to keep water out when crawling through dew wet grass and in the rain.

Yeah, we tried the electrical tape, wouldn't stay put. Small water balloons seemed to work the best. I've seen those finger cots you spoke of, they might work better than the water balloons.

Back in 1990 I had a slot reserved for the LE version of the scout sniper course at Camp Legeune, Carlos Hathcock was still an instructor then. I was really looking forward to attending that course and meeting him. If I recall the class was scheduled in late August or early September, then The Gulf War happened and the class got canceled. Carlos is one of my heros, I really would have liked to have met him.

Huntin1

LoneWolf
04-17-2015, 07:05 PM
His Spotter and Gunsmith is still out here in Southern California!