PDA

View Full Version : metal magazine floor plate for an axis?

gunnn50
03-17-2015, 10:23 PM
I started a thread about the hinged floor plate for the axis. I just really hate the cheapo plastic bottom on the magazine. are there any options to fix this?

sharpshooter
03-17-2015, 11:38 PM
Sure...trade it in for a model 11 with a steel mag frame.

Hotolds442
03-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Fred's right. At this time, that's your only option unless you can get one of the chassis builders to do a one-off for you using something like an AICS inlet.

gunnn50
03-17-2015, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the replies guys guess I'll have to accept the fact of having the plastic mag floor plate

Hotolds442
03-18-2015, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the replies guys guess I'll have to accept the fact of having the plastic mag floor plate
Sorry to burst your bubble but there's just nothing out there for the Axis at this time. With the introduction of the heavy barreled model, I thought somebody might jump on making an alternative, but so far, crickets.

gunnn50
03-18-2015, 03:51 AM
Its good to see I'm not the only one who would be glad to have another option besides the plastic floor plate with the some what squishy feeling button

DrThunder88
03-18-2015, 12:04 PM
Setup costs for stamping out something as simple as floorplates have still got to be pretty expensive. While their may be a manufacturer out there who sees the potential market, I wager most of them have their eyes on the bottom line. Other than people not liking the feel or composition of the plastic floorplates, I don't recall the frequent horror stories of failure that would lead me to characterize the mags as anything but largely functional and cost-effective. This is not to say someone couldn't introduce what amounts to a luxury item for a budget rifle, but the question of profitability would undoubtedly arise.

devildogandboy
03-22-2015, 07:08 PM
my plastic mag doesn't really bother me too much, probably 95% of the time i load single shot for targets! don't recall the last time i actually loaded the mag but i guess there were no problems or i would remember.

Bruce