PDA

View Full Version : HS Precision PST129 stock and magazine questions

Model12BVSS
03-17-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm seriously considering purchasing this stock. Somehow I missed it in all my long action stock research. I know that the stock is designed for the 110 FCP with detachable magazine system. My factory stock is a centerfeed blind magazine. Rifle is chambered in 7mm Rem Mag. My rifle has the top/side bolt release. I can't seem to find any definite answer that this stock will work with my bolt release either. Can somebody confirm which bolt release style this stock is designed for? What/how would I go about making my current centerfeed blind mag work with this stock? Am I correct in thinking I just need the bottom plate to hold the spring and follower in as well as the latch and correct bottom metal? Or do I need to start from scratch and just get the components for the 110 FCP cause my parts won't work? I know there's many different variations of these parts so I don't want to purchase the wrong stuff. Do I call Savage directly for these parts? I haven't been able to find anything in stock for these parts on brownells, midway, or numrich. Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated. Yes I did do a search before I posted this and was unable to find answers to my questions.