PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Can I purchase a gun without the stock or switch a barrell out on a 93r17?+supressors

Lorenzo
03-17-2015, 12:25 AM
Want a silencer for my 93r17 TR, didnt go with the TRRSR because it was 250 more than the regular TR everywhere I could find them. All the good gunsmiths say they charge 100 for barrel threading so I figured Id go that route but now I wonder if I can just buy a TRRSR barrel either from savage or somewhere else if possible or are the barrels unable to be removed?
2nd- What is a cheaper suppressor for the 17 hmr?

Hotolds442
03-17-2015, 03:48 AM
Read the last post, it pretty much sums up the answer to your first question.
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?42677-17-HMR-barrel-swap

J.Baker
03-18-2015, 01:43 AM
Most of what you're paying extra for on the TRR-SR is that ridiculous rail-type thing they put on it that's totally and completely useless. Just buy the TR and have your local gunsmith thread the barrel for a silencer, you'll be money ahead in the long run.

Lorenzo
03-20-2015, 12:08 AM
Most of what you're paying extra for on the TRR-SR is that ridiculous rail-type thing they put on it that's totally and completely useless. Just buy the TR and have your local gunsmith thread the barrel for a silencer, you'll be money ahead in the long run.

That was my thinking exactly, what am I going to put a flashlight on it for all the night CQB Im going to be shooting with it? lol. I couldve bought the FV SR from cabellas with a flash surpressor for 340 but then Id still need to spend another 100$ on a boyd TR stock and that would cost more than what I paid for my TR plus I would've lost the 21" fluted.