PDA

View Full Version : moving back to NC soon want advice/info

Detritus
03-16-2015, 04:51 AM
After 16 years away, it looks like I will be moving back to central NC later this year.
along with all of the various other concerns related to such a change, I would like to gather as much information as I can to update and inform myself as to both state level gun regs (handgun permit system, CHL process, etc) and ranges in the area for regular practice and for the various competitive disciplines I'm interested in.

a few thoughts that I hope will clarify what I am after, and give some of my own background that might be relevant..

most likely will be moving back to the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area but not entirely sure yet, depends on where I find work.
I spent 16 years of my life (1st-12th grade + 4yrs) in Durham, but since i never really went past the basics re: firearms until the last 18 months to two years i was there, my knowlege of things like the purchase permit system/process for handguns is limited
the only what you might call "Organized ranges" I ever visited in thos 16 years were The Range in Oxford, at the time Mr. Glover offered memberships to folk to shoot there during times when the range wasn't set or in use for a match, and Sir Walter Gun Club in Creedmoor (once). so I don't know anything about what's out there and at what cost any more
As far as info on competitive stuff, I am looking for info Specifically on USPSA/IPSC (IDPA is currently secondary for me), CMP Garand matches, F-class, and for later various black Powder goings on (BPCR Silhouette, and various Muzzleloader doings)

anyway, that is what has been running through my mind for the past few days. I'm sure something else will come to mind as well, if not of it's own accord then in response to the info you kind folk are able to provide. thank you in advance for any info you choose to share, it is always welcome.

Appleseed
04-07-2015, 07:48 AM
http://www.northstateshootingclub.com/newindex.htm

There are members of this site that shoot and compete at Butner. May be the one near Creedmoor you know? Try the Competitive Shooting or At The Range of the forums.