PDA

View Full Version : 111FCNS (17789) without accustock???

waterbug
05-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Yesterday I found a 111FCNS (17789) in .25-06 that I had been looking for. I have read a lot of good things about the Accutrigger and Accustock. Anyway, I bought the rifle and when I got it out after work today I find it DOES NOT have the Accustock. The numbers on the box exactly match the model #s listed on the Savage site where it is listed as having both. Has anyone else run into this problem?

stumpjumper400
05-10-2010, 11:33 PM
mine has the accustock

scratcherky
05-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Savage does not change the numbers as they make changes. The only way to tell what configuration that is in the box is to get the S/N and call Savage. They can tell from the S/N how it was built. Same thing happened when they changed from stagger feed to center feed magazines.

waterbug
05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Seems to me like a pretty crappy way to do business. I really did want the Accustock. Guess I'm stuck with what I've got at this point :-(

MARK25-06
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
17789 is the number for the accustock somebody switched something somewhere. all i ordered was17789 and it came accustock,accutrigger MARK25-06

scratcherky
05-11-2010, 07:59 PM
MARK25-06--- As I stated in my earlier post, Savage does not change stock numbers when they change configurations. It is easy to get one with one stock and another with a different stock even though the number on the box is the same. You have to call Savage with the S/N to find out how it was built.

82boy
05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
As Scratcherky said Savage doesn't change the part/model numbers just because they make a change to the rifle. Is it a crappy way to business? could be, but that is how they do things.

IMO you are better off getting a rifle without the Accu-stock. The Accu-stock just doesn't live up to my expectations. It still flexes, and has some additional problems not found in the old stock. If you want something good buy a wood stock.

Carvera
05-13-2010, 12:15 AM
It is indeed a crappy way to do business!

It is a pretty big deal. If one saves their pennies for a certain model with certain features and upon receiving it find out that the rifle is not what they thought they were paying for, the purchasers has the right to be upset and question the way said company has mislead (intentionally or not) the customer.

How hard could it really be to designate (1) number different on a newer model? Flat out lazy on Savage's part. I know that it has caused many problems for both private individual's, and gunsmiths alike.

I wonder how many calls Savage takes throughout the year from customers angry/upset about receiving something other than what they thought they were purchasing. Like when they changed the 7MM-08 twist, or like this example from waterbug.

This is one area Savage could work on improving for sure.

psharon97
05-13-2010, 12:29 AM
On the pluss side, you have more stock options then what you had before. Most manufactures still haven't caught up to the accustock, but you have a meriad of options with both centerfeed and staggared feed. Personally, I don't like any of the synthetic stocks offered by savage.

waterbug
05-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Nice to know it wasn't just me. If anywhere on their site they had mentioned calling to verify features by s/n or stated that not all 111FCNS rifles had the same features then at least I would have inspected the gun more in depth prior to the purchase. Apparently the two guys working at the store had no idea either because we talked about the Accutrigger and Accustock while we were waiting for the paperwork to clear. Oh well, live and learn. Good thought on the stock options. I may change it in the future. Right now I'm concentrating on getting a scope and mount/rings so I can do some shooting to see what I've got.