PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Good Lord, Savage Is Crap!

Pages : 1 [2]

justinp61
04-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Jack I wouldn't be too worried, if you haven't had any problems in two years most likely you won't. Mine is four or five years old and has never given me one problem.

flylo
04-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Nice day in Michigan to shoot. I've shot a few days but it's been windy, today was great & the ole Savage couldn't miss. At 75 rds hitting 8 or 9 out of 10 using thunderbolts & 100% using Tac22 shooting 1" swingers. I bought 5 Bushnell AR DropZone 4.5-18x40 & want to trade out my 3-12x40. Threse are very good scopes & worth the $250 they sell for & have a longer eye relief. Sure feels good to be shooting again! Happy-Happy-Happy! :peace:

flylo
04-06-2015, 10:49 PM
I am here to share in the joy that is rimfire, not to advertise! :D

So, has anyone had any luck finding CCI or Remington subsonics lately? Those two are what my MkII loves, but I've not found any for sale recently. I usually have a few misfires with Remington so I prefer CCI, but either works.

Regards,

Josh

I'ce bought a couple bricks of Remington subsonic but haven't tried the because I bought a case of GemTec made by CCI.

04-09-2015, 10:32 AM
So, has anyone had any luck finding CCI or Remington subsonics lately?

Palmetto State Armory has bricks of CCI Standard Velocity (1070 f/s) for $50

flylo
04-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Palmetto State Armory has bricks of CCI Standard Velocity (1070 f/s) for $50

They were on sale for $44.99 yesterday.

handirifle
06-02-2015, 11:52 AM
So, is $45 the new price for the old $15 bricks? Just wondering if I ever get the nerve up to buy more 22LR. I get sticker shock every time I shop.

birdmove
12-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Yeah, the price of 22LR ammo is scary! And hard to find. Nobody will ship it from the mainland to Hawaii either, as most won't ship by air.

Sorry the OP had problems with his Savage. I was given an old timer from my dad many years ago, and it was a hard working gun in his hands. But, it still functions fine. It's a pump action takedown model that has an octagonal barrel.

Somebody is making a kit to reload .22 long rifle. Buy, you have to cast your own bullets. I don't know much about it.

I did by a couple 100 round boxes of CCI Standard Velocity about a week ago. Anyone like that ammo?

Bunky-Shooter
12-29-2015, 09:18 AM
For what its going to cost to have someone machine parts hard enough for your cocking pin its gonna be cheaper
to put your bolt in a box and send it to Savage repair center. This way you keep your accurate rifle and when your bolt returns you can
enjoy shooting it again... just a thought !!!

J.Baker
12-29-2015, 02:02 PM
You guys do realize this thread had been dead for six months, right?

Fiddler
12-29-2015, 05:59 PM
You guys do realize this thread had been dead for six months, right?
Does that mean that Savage isn't crap anymore?
In all fairness, once I solved the weak extraction problem in my MK-II GL by doubling up the C-clamp extractor spring, I couldn't be more pleased with my rifle. I shot three squirrels yesterday and all my shots went exactly where I was aiming. As long as it keeps cycling reliably, I'll never part with this amazingly accurate rifle.

J.Baker
12-29-2015, 08:00 PM
No, I just don't see the point in dredging up old threads to post a reply to a reply that had absolutely nothing to do with the original post or subject of the thread.