PDA

View Full Version : 110 build

Ross R
03-09-2015, 12:54 AM
I am new to building bolt guns. This is my first. It's a 7 ren mag. And my first (not last I am sure) post. I just got this 110. I don't know anything about it but I want it to be a precision rifle. It's already got a nice enough stock for now. But it definitely needs a barrel and a trigger. I would like someone to do the work for me. My questions are, what else should I do to it? who can do the work for me? (Wisconsin) also how do I tell what barrel I need? I also want to know if I can get a detached magazine instead of the current blind magazine? Thank you in advance!

GaCop
03-09-2015, 05:09 AM
First off, let me welcome you to the forums. I suggest you check out the "Savage FAQ's" at the top right of the page. It contains a wealth of information and will answer many of your questions. As for some one doing the work for you. Read all the posting you can to learn how to do a barrel change your self. It's not hard at all. If you can turn a screw driver, you can re-barrel your own rifle.

Ross R
03-09-2015, 10:51 AM
First off, let me welcome you to the forums. I suggest you check out the "Savage FAQ's" at the top right of the page. It contains a wealth of information and will answer many of your questions. As for some one doing the work for you. Read all the posting you can to learn how to do a barrel change your self. It's not hard at all. If you can turn a screw driver, you can re-barrel your own rifle.

Thank you! I have read and watched videos all day and night last night. I build ARs so I should not have a problem with doing anything myself. That's what the build is all about right doing it yourself?

jonbearman
03-09-2015, 11:12 AM
I would talk to Jim at Northlandshootersupply at 1-763-682-4296. He sells everything you would need to make this rifle really shoot.

Ross R
03-09-2015, 01:07 PM
I would talk to Jim at Northlandshootersupply at 1-763-682-4296. He sells everything you would need to make this rifle really shoot.

Ok thank you. I will call him. I am going to do all the work myself. I just need to know what to get. Thanks very much for his number!

scooterf79
03-09-2015, 04:07 PM
I bought all my stuff from him on my 1st build, wrenches, barrel, lug, nut etc...super nice guy and great to deal with. I enjoy doing it myself, makes it more enjoyable to me. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Scooter

foxx
03-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Yep, Jim is a class act. Pure joy to talk with.

Another good one is Jim at Apache Gun Works. His specialty is making barrels. Affordable barrels. If you like, he can certainly build you a high end target barrel, but, what sets him apart from the rest is he also does great work with less expensive blanks. His less expensive barrels will, in all likelihood, outshoot most Savage factory barrels (there's always someone who has a factory barrel better than the best aftermarket barrels) ad his turn-around time is pretty dang good (maybe a month right now?) From what I've read and heard and experienced with his less expensive barrels is they might not clean with one or two passes of a patch like one of his hand lapped, high end barrels might, but they will shoot with the best of them.

He and Northland Shooter Supply are also supporters of this site.

http://apachegunworks.com/

http://northlandshooterssupply.com/