PDA

View Full Version : new Guy needs help...

5MCW
05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
First off I another FNG, I have been lurking a bit but need some help. Besides Mcmillan, who makes a tactical stock for the savage 11 with a detachable mag? I'm not able to drop $400+ on the Mcmillian right now. Choate and Bell & Carlson do not make one, who else is there? By the way I really like this site and don't know how I have missed it for so long.

placek59
05-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Choate DOES make one. Midway usa sells them, you may be able to find them a little cheaper elsewhere (check the site sponsors) but here is the link to midway. I am also not sure on what action you have (short, centerfeed, staggered feed), so that will make a difference too.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=761001

5MCW
05-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I'm retarded... Remeasured My action screws and yup 4.4 not 4.275.. sorry. ok, got a question about those choat tac. stocks. Is there any way to lock the front swivel stud in one place? looks like it just slides back and forth freely..?..

5MCW
05-10-2010, 08:26 PM
ok, nevermind on that 2nd question. I read the reviews and someone explained how it works..

dcloco
05-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Just drill a new hole for the 4.4" spacing.

I built a rifle for a friend that was giving it as a gift. At the time, Medalist were NOT available for the 4.4 spacing, so, I drilled a new hole for the correct spacing, and bedded the internal center feed mag box to the stock. Works like a champ.