PDA

View Full Version : Center Feed vs Stagger Feed 110 LA

Camo_mdvl
03-07-2015, 09:55 PM
I've been doing some research about the difference between stagger and center feed 110s. There seems to be a definite difference in short action guns, but is there a difference in long action? Sorry if this is a repost, but I've tried searching it to no avail. Thanks.

foxx
03-07-2015, 10:33 PM
long or short action, stagger feeds are older versions. The magazine box (whether blind mag or detachable mag) is attached to the action on stagger feed models. The mags for center feed are attached to the stock. Most people don't consider one any better than the other. It matters mostly when purchasing a stock. And yes, the action screw spacing is different for s/a s/f vs s/a c/f. The screw spacing is the same for l/a's whether they are s/f or c/f.

Hotolds442
03-07-2015, 10:36 PM
The only difference between the two in the long action is the milling to the bottom of the action for the magazine recess and the magazine box and follower. The centerfeed magazine is attached to the stock and the stagger feed magazine is attached to the action.

Camo_mdvl
03-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys. I am indeed trying to fit an aftermarket stock to it. I'm a lefty, so options are a bit more limited. I was hoping I could use either a c/f or s/f stock on my old 110. If both stocks are milled out to fit the the mag, but the mag is just attached to different parts (stock vs action), shouldn't the stock dimensions be pretty similar?

Hotolds442
03-08-2015, 11:09 AM
The stock inletting dimensions are not the same. You can use a centerfeed magazine in a stagger feed stock if you fill the magwell properly, it's not too hard, the one I did took about an hour. Its not necessary to do anything on a DBM though, only blind mag stocks need to be modified. Putting a stagger feed magazine into a centerfeed stock requires that you open up the magwell considerably.

foxx
03-08-2015, 12:20 PM
^^^^ What he said, regarding blind mag models.

Old style Stagger feed DBM (button on the side of the stock for releasing the mag) is completely different than current style center feed DBM.

Camo_mdvl
03-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Ah, gotcha. Well I guess I should stick to looking for a blind mag, stagger feed stock then... unless the additional wood removal isn't too bad?

foxx
03-08-2015, 07:15 PM
The s/f should be readily available. S/f in a c/f can be done, though. It shouldn't be a deal breaker.