PDA

View Full Version : standard cal for a large shank striker

Tony Gettel
05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi, I am fairly new to the savage striker and am confused. What is the best way to get a standard cal barrel for my striker which has a large shank receiver? I didn't give the receiver size any thought when I got the action and now I am not finding much for barrels in large shank other than mag barrels. Am I missing something (or not looking in the right place) or did I get a action that I will need to order custom barrels to get a 22-250,243, type cal.

Tony

sinman
05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
any of the LRVP barrels will work and can be cut down but you might have to go custom to find what you want. What caliber are you looking for and what length?

dcloco
05-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I have a 22/250 large shank stainless barrel in the classifieds.

Tony Gettel
05-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the replies. I had bought a target action with a 7mm wsm when I got the striker. I had heard of all the under 100$ barrels for the striker when I got it. I should have researched this a little closer.
Question, by the time I buy a large shank barrel, cut it off and recrown it, how close will I likely be to the cost of just buying a custom barrel?
I have not decided for sure what cal I want next but I will shortly.

Tony

Blue Avenger
05-21-2010, 02:51 PM
prices very with shop. $60- might be a common price for cut and crown. Custom barrels may shoot better. What cartridge is on your mind?

How is the stock making business working for you? Any chance the inlet could be moved back .025? the triggers in the striker conversion hang out in the middle of the guard and make gloves hard to use. They look a little funny also with it forward.