PDA

View Full Version : 10 FCP McMillan - Cheek rest options?

brianlpowers
03-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Hello all!
I have just recently found this forum - glad to see such a good community of Savage devotees!
I recently acquired the Savage 10 FCP McMillan, though haven't had the chance to mount my optic to it and sight it in.

My guess is that I'll need some sort of a cheek rest to provide a stable and repeatable shooting position/eye relief.

I have used the Google machine and found the Karsten cheek rests to look like a viable option.

If you've used this rifle, what kind of cheek rest has worked for you well?

If you have the Karsten cheek rest, do you use the Model A, B, or C and how do you like it?
https://www.tacticalworks.com/Karsten-s-Custom-Cheek-Rest-A-Model.html

If you use the Model A, do you ever have any trouble with it slipping down and having to readjust?

Thanks for all your input!

Newsshooter
03-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Foam and a stock pack works well too.

kbaerg
03-06-2015, 09:27 PM
I have the Model A on my 300 WM and I have had zero issues with it so far. If you do get one make sure you get a good adhesive so the pad stays on and clean the plastic good. I used the 3M high stength #90 on mine and let it set up properly before I stuck to cheek rest and has held great.

raygun
03-07-2015, 11:07 AM
bradley cheek rest… GREAAAAAT product made out of kydex…. i have one on my savage …. outstanding product.