PDA

View Full Version : new axis handles

topshot
03-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Just letting everyone know. Glades armory finally came out with a bolt handle that has primary extraction. You can check them out on their website. They will be available on 3/31/15. I'm ordering one for my 308 heavy barrel. I think the axis finally has a little aftermarket support.

Rosco
03-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up that sounds awesome I look forward to purchasing one.

Hotolds442
03-03-2015, 12:29 PM
I wonder what prompted them to do that? They swore up and down that us Barrel Nuts had no idea what we were talking about and that their bolt handle worked perfectly on the Axis platform. They must have figured out that maybe they didn't know what they were talking about.....
But you guys jump right in and support them, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

bootsmcguire
03-04-2015, 12:47 AM
I wonder what prompted them to do that? They swore up and down that us Barrel Nuts had no idea what we were talking about and that their bolt handle worked perfectly on the Axis platform. They must have figured out that maybe they didn't know what they were talking about.....
But you guys jump right in and support them, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

+1. I have never bought a Glades Armory myself because they just didn't seem right to me by the pictures, could never put my finger on it. Then just recently a fellow I met recently needed help setting the headspace on his new build, and he had ordered a Glades Armory handle. I got to looking at it, and found some marks on it. I asked him about it, and he said the edge of the extraction ramp was rubbing hard on the edge of the action's tang. He said he contacted Glade's and they said that it happens, and he should just file it off until it clears. He was a little miffed about it, having to modify a new part that was supposed to fit, and having to ruin the black finish by filing. He was unhappy enough about their answer to his problem that he won't buy from them again, and after hearing all that, I won't either.

There are better places to spend my money, but that is JMHO. I am glad to hear for those of you that enjoy their products that they finally removed their heads from their backsides and offered a true Axis handle. Now perhaps they will keep a better eye on their QC or at least help a guy when he has an issue.

GaCop
03-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Bummer, I was hoping there FINALLY was a decent bolt handle for the Axis.

LoneWolf
03-04-2015, 09:18 AM
I had 2 of their handles on a short and long action without any issues. I sold the long action, but my M10 set up is very smooth.

GaCop
03-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Good to know, thanks.

mscott71
03-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Find a friend with a lathe, make a jig, and thread stock handle. http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?34095-Savage-Axis-Tactical-Bolt-Handle/page5

DrThunder88
03-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Or a hacksaw, a few files, and a die! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczCGdZG1iM Admittedly a lathe would be ideal, but I have more hand files than friends.