PDA

View Full Version : Scope Rings on my Savage 110 BA 338 Lapua

achilles
03-03-2015, 04:00 AM
OK so I broke down and bought the Nightforce 8-32x-56mm NXS scope. I wanted to know The best ring combo or setup to secure this to the rails. I am not looking to remove it so quick detach isn't much of a concern to me.

I do want to make certain that the 338 lapua rounds don't knock this loose of cause any other damage to the scope seeing as its a high caliber round which will cause much recoil/shock through the gun.

I looked at some of the night force mounts which seem to be extremely expensive but I don't know if this is fair compared to others....

Should I go with the single separate rings or the uni-mount and make this a one piece ring mount.

Thoughts ...advice etc.... I have heard of issue with these as the 56mm tube causes clearance issues with the top rail.

Thank, you!

lrshooting
03-04-2015, 01:09 AM
Im pretty sure there is a scope forum. Might check into that. Mods might move you anyway

Whoops, never mind that. Sorry. I was thinking of barrels and stocks -_-

Ring and mount questions for the 110 series go here, optics questions to the optics forum.

GaCop
03-04-2015, 08:18 AM
Bottom line, if you want no hassle performance, your going to have to spring for the top of the line mount/rings.

achilles
03-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Which would be.....?

TXCOONDOG
03-04-2015, 12:00 PM
NF rings mate perfectly with their scopes. Seekins are also gtg.

HEAVY DUTY
03-05-2015, 12:56 PM
I have the same set up with the nxs on a 110 fcp 338lm I put TPS rings on it haven't had any problems I use TPS x-low on this gun with the fact egw rail only gives about 1/16" clearance above the barrel if you use slip on scope caps like the butler ceeek you will need to notch them or use rings that are a shade taller I have not had to lap any of the 3 sets of TPS I have used

LoneWolf
03-05-2015, 07:03 PM
I just recently went to a SPUHR Mount. Big money yes, but you can't mess it up and you know for a fact it won't move. Plus you can move it from rifle to rifle without issue. I was previously using Vortex Precision Matched Rings and they were great, but I do feel that the SPUHR mount helped straighten out the tiny little issues I was getting in my dope/calculations due to it's mechanical leveling ability.

achilles
03-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Awesome, I will check these out. I will post pics once I have completed the purchase and install!

achilles
03-06-2015, 01:36 PM
I have the same set up with the nxs on a 110 fcp 338lm I put TPS rings on it haven't had any problems I use TPS x-low on this gun with the fact egw rail only gives about 1/16" clearance above the barrel if you use slip on scope caps like the butler ceeek you will need to notch them or use rings that are a shade taller I have not had to lap any of the 3 sets of TPS I have used

I see no "TPS X-low", are you sure that was the exact name...?

jdpenterprises
03-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Look at Ken Farrell