PDA

View Full Version : Target trigger & stuff

hothead
03-03-2015, 01:22 AM
I have two new Savage palma rifles. #1 is a standard Palma , #2 is a palma rifle with an F/tr barrel on it. From the custom shop.
I want to shoot these rifles in F/tr. I broke in both barrels, something I'm not too fond of doing , but its too cold and too much snow on
the ground to do anything else. both barrels broke in good and are not bad looking with the borescope. I touched up the crowns on both barrels
in the lathe. so I should be ready if the weather ever breaks.
now reason for this thread is the trigger on #1 rifle is great. I have it set for +- 12 oz. breaks clean, not a Bix&Andy but really pretty nice trigger.
#2 trigger feels mushy.. I tried adjusting it , But I cant get a consistent pull. So I set the weight up and WITH a snap cap , I dry fired it a few hundred times.
After which I cleaned it and tried re setting it. Feels much better But far from good. it measures between 12 to 16 oz. and anyplace between. anybody have any ideas on how to settle this trigger down to where it is useable?? I don't want to use an aftermarket trigger ,because the whole idea about this is to try to compete with factory rifles. if it wouldn't be for that , I'd go all out custom barrel and all.
any Ideas ??
hh

bootsmcguire
03-03-2015, 01:37 AM
The one thing I have found with the Accutrigger (be it the Target, Varmint, or Standard Versions) is that no two seem to be the same to me. I have a couple that came off of factory hunting model guns that are crisp, clean and repetitive with 1lb breaks. I have others off same type of rifles that getting them to hold 4lbs consistently can be a pain. I think its kind of a crap shoot, and I have noticed that taking an Accutrigger that stinks and putting it with a different sear can change it's attitude pretty quick.