PDA

View Full Version : Lrp vs lrpv

sc1911cwp
02-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know if these two models share the same HS Precision stock? Seeing the LRPV is interesting, I am thinking of buying one to rebarrel into a 260 Remington. I know it is a PTA so just wondering about the stock. I like the RBLP.

I forgot that the big difference is the LRP has a magwell and the other does not as it is a single shoot. So, other than that are the materials, contour, the same? TNX

Jamie
02-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Nope. I believe the older LRPV had the same style but the LRP will have a magazine cut out and the LRPV will not. I can send pictures.

sc1911cwp
02-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes, you are right. I forgot that part. Ha Ha Other than the magwell, is it the same stock in contour, materials etc?

Jamie
02-28-2015, 03:36 PM
The earlier LRP series were very similar if not identical. The newer LRPs will have a more vertical grip. Looks like Savage still has a picture of the old style on their website. Basically the old style of the LRP and all of the LRPV series had a stock with a more traditional grip angle. The current LRP has a more tactical looking grip.

sc1911cwp
02-28-2015, 05:06 PM
That's the new style stock which I am interested in. I may just have to call Savage.