PDA

View Full Version : Axis/Bushnell AR scope

tatters
02-27-2015, 11:12 PM
If you were thinking of using a Grim Reaper scope mount and a Bushnell AR scope on your Axis...Don't bother. It won't fit. Not so much the bolt handle, more the length of tube (or lack thereof) between the eyepiece to the center, and center to endbell. I bought the medium base and it's great. Just not with this scope. Any suggestions?

Rosco
02-28-2015, 12:27 AM
Sorry to hear that!! Have made at least two costly mistakes with scope mounting myself, live, learn and DIY Gunsmith I guess. Are you looking for suggestions for entry level scopes, rail, rings for the Axis? If so the usual suspects are the 10X SWFA fixed scope, Primary Arms FFP 4-14x variable power and Burris Fullfield line for SFP. As for rails, have a Weaver and EGW one piece, but I prefer the Weaver even though the EGW is Pictanny and more than likely better machined. I don't like having to build my cheek weld very high and the Weaver rail with low rings works perfectly for me.

As for scope rings with 30mm tubes,Burris Sig Zee Rings, Weaver Tactical 6 Screw, Talley, and SWFA or you can get a nice DNZ Game Reaper which is all-in-one solution that I hear works very well for a lot guys.

pisgah
02-28-2015, 08:52 AM
I haven't found a scope yet that can't be mounted on my 2 Axis rifles with a Weaver rail and low or medium rings.

gumbo333
02-28-2015, 09:05 AM
If your scope is long enough the 2 piece steel rings work good. Think they are Burris. But again, not for a shorter scope.

corelokt
02-28-2015, 09:21 AM
I haven't found a scope yet that can't be mounted on my 2 Axis rifles with a Weaver rail and low or medium rings.

This^
Since all axis models use a long action, the easiest route is a rail.

tatters
03-01-2015, 02:52 PM
IT was the draw of the great price on this scope, and the rings for that matter. I'm keeping both, but I'll have to get a longer scope for this application.