PDA

View Full Version : Axis XP 270

pickerandsinger
02-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Took the rifle (Axis 270) to the range today as I had been having problems with it loading and ejecting cartridges … I had been using snap caps and figured that it was probably the reason…( Finally my backordered case arrived so away I went )….Still had problems and I had a spare clip and that did not make any difference..Long story short….It was the rotating tab on the bolt…The indentation was not facing to the right…Works like a champ now and shoots like I couldn't believe…Average 4 shots in a touch over a quarter size bull at a 100 yards…Wow…That is with the entry level Bushnell and no accu-trigger….I did put a boyds classic stock on it and a 104 Kick eez which fit close to perfect…I am happy as a clam…I just received a Axis II youth model ( Muddy Girl) 243 for my wife…( We both have rotator cuff issues )….Can't wait to get her to the range with it….I just couldn't take a pink gun along with me today…LOL…( Not really just didn't have any ammo for it yet )….I like this 270 rifle better that the 67 Belgium Browning 30:06 I once had…Really….Almost as much as I liked my M-16 back in the day….Great gun Savage…And it was 249.95 at Palmetto...

devildogandboy
02-26-2015, 07:14 PM
glad to hear you like your Axis. i have the older model Edge(same as Axis) in 308 which now sports an 7/08 barrel. it's my first choice for "fun gun" when i'm out in the boonies just roaming around and plinking. make all the excuses you want for not taking the PINK gun to the range but we know the real truth and i wouldn't have done it either! LOL
good luck with the new guns, hope you and the wife have good times with them.

Bruce