PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage 93 pre-accutrigger Bolt problems.

Silky
02-26-2015, 01:23 PM
I got a cheap savage 93 in 22 mag and the bolt falls right out or in when opened, and the hammer won't cock when I open the bolt. I have no idea what's been done to it so the bolt and/or trigger might not be original. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

J.Baker
02-27-2015, 05:13 AM
Gonna be hard for anyone to give any useful information when we can't look at or see the gun to be able to ascertain what's going on. Posting some pic's of the barreled action out of the stock would help as we would at least be able to determine if it's a stock or aftermarket trigger, and maybe if it's been modified, and possibly even what's missing or out of place or ?? that's causing the problem.

Silky
02-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Thank you for your response, I finally had a chance to look at it better and it appears that the sear is worn down and not engaging the bolt at all. Now I'm having a hard time finding a factory replacement.

J.Baker
02-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Likely someone filed/polished on it trying to lighten the trigger pull and went to far - thus why they sold it. Unfortunately Savage is likely the only place you'll be able to get a replacement part, and you'll probably either have to send them the gun or sign a liability waiver before they'll sell you the part.

Silky
03-01-2015, 12:56 AM
That's kind of what it looks like. I emailed savage but am not too hopeful on that front. I'm new to this forum, do you know how I could post to the classified section that I'm looking for a replacement sear or trigger group? I don't really want to spend the 90 bucks on theaftermarket one I found.

sharpshooter
03-05-2015, 01:29 AM
I've prolly got a few laying around...PM me.