PDA

View Full Version : Redding 6mmbr Dies

Jpr423
02-23-2015, 09:31 PM
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the Redding 6mmbr dies and using them to reload for my savage 6mm BR norma. From what I understand these can be used for my chamber? From my research it sounds like the get confused sometimes with the 6mmbr Remington?

Also, I am looking at the Redding 2 die set at midway. I think this is all I should need, since it's a full length sizing die? Or do I need to buy bushings for the neck tension?

I'm not looking to get too crazy with the reloading yet, just trying to copy the factory Lapua ammo now and then go from there after I figure out what I'm doing

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/286682/redding-type-s-match-bushing-2-die-set-6mm-br-bench-rest

Thanks!

barrel-nut
02-23-2015, 10:31 PM
Those are great dies, and they will work well for your 6br Norma. The difference between the 6br Remington and Norma chamberings is in the length of the throat; the Norma has more freebore to accommodate longer, high-BC bullets used in long-range shooting. The Remington chambering has a shorter throat for lighter, flat-based bullets used in point-blank BR.
You will need a bushing or two with those dies. A .267 +/- .001 would be a good starting point.